- To provide state of the art management to all sorts of cardiac emergencies round the clock.
- To provide flying squad cover to all cardiac patients round the clock in twin cities
- To provide cardiology cover to VVIPs visiting the capital city
To handle following cardiac emergencies:-
- Chest Pain / Acute Coronary Syndrome such as unstable angina and acute myocardial infarction
- Acute heart failure and pulmonary Odema
- Cardiac arrhythmias, bradyarrythmias, Tachyarrhythmia’s
- Cardiogenic shock and cardiac arrest
- Endocarditis, Myocarditis and pericarditis
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Stuck Cardiac prosthetic value
- Hypertensive emergencies
- Paediatric Cardiac emergencies
- Provide flying squad facilities.
Reception & Management:
- Emergency Reception is located at the forefront of AFIC / NIHD to receive patients in emergency.
- We provide information & guidance regarding patient admission and discharge on daily basis
- Emergency department is 18 bedded including 11 for male patients, 05 beds are dedicated for female, 1is paedriatic bed and 1 reserved for CPR.
- We receive mainly three categories of patients:-
- Entitled (Serving and Retired)
- CEP (Zakat / Bait-ul-mal) and they are dealt according to their disease & comorbidities.
- We have latest equipment including cardiac monitors, 3 Channel ECG machines, Nebulizers, Defibrillators.
- Emergency Dept has all the life saving medications which could be useful and helpful in saving a precious life
- We are provided with efficient team of doctors and nurses, who work together day and night to deliver quality services to all who are in need.
- We have provided emergency cardiac care to a total patient of 36021 since last year. 5660 were hospitalized and managed. It also includes a total number of 689 CPR done.
Emergency Reception Team:
Emergency reception team is headed by a consultant cardiologist who is the specialist in charge. He is over all in charge of emergency department. He carries out daily morning and evening rounds and helps the junior doctors in diagnosing and managing patients. Our team further constitutes duty medical officer, resident cardiologist and trainees who mainly manage patients in ER. These young doctors are motivated and duty bound to see the patient thoroughly assess them and inform the senior doctor especially in case of critical patients. These doctors are ACLS trained who are proficient in handling cardiac emergencies.
Our Nursing staff is a highly trained & experienced that is dedicated and motivated in providing quality emergency services.
Our hospital is now equipped with HMIS which helps save and retrieve data regarding patient admission and discharge. It also helps to order lab investigations and medications on daily basis.
AFIC/NIHD is striving to maintain its high standard In providing quality health care. We have also started managing and doing triage of patients suffering from Myocarclial infarction and carrying out primary PCI during last year. We try our level best to keep Door to Balloon time to a minimum of <90 minutes.