- Fellowship (FCPS Part-II ) training of AMC officers/ other medical officers in cardiology, cardiac surgery, pediatric cardiology and cardiac anesthesia
- Elective rotational training of specialists and medical officers in various specialties like medicine, surgery anesthesia, pediatric cardiology and radiology
- Training of medical officers such as diploma in cardiology training, rotational training for house officers, OJT for all medical officers posted at AFIC, ACLS and ECG workshops
- Generalized and specialized training of medical officers, nursing officers and para medics (own and other Hospital including PAEC, Holy Family, KRL, NESCOM and PIMS hospitals)
- Clinical rotational training and ACLS workshops for medical students
Training for Nurses and Paramedical staff :
- Orientation training of newly posted officers in ITC, CCU, OT, ER & Pediatric cardiology
- CME course in cardiac nursing care for a period of six months
- Specialized training of selected nurses in ITC, CCU, Coronary Angiography departments
- ACLS/BLS and ECG workshops
- 6 months On Job Training for civilian nurses and paramedical staff from PIMS, Shifa International, KRL, NESCOM, PAEC, Holy Family, RIC hospitals
- 3 months training of Pak Navy and PAF nurses
20 Nurses per Batch: 06 months
ECG CLASS – (Nursing Assistants): 12 Weeks
MBBS Army Medical College students: 3 Weeks per batch
Elective Training MBBS students: 01-02 Months
Training of doctors from other institutes: 03-06 Months
Training of PAF / NAVY Para Medical Staff: 06 Months (Requirement Basis)
Training of Para Medical Staff from other institutes: 06 Months
Criteria of Selection:
a. Willingness certificates/application of Medical/Surgical Specialists of Army are invited by GHQ Medical Directorate. Selected candidates are posted to AFIC/NIHD for completion of required training.
b. Candidates shall follow the training program/syllabi .
c. Books and Medical Journals will be available for use by the candidates undergoing Training at AFIC/NIHD Rawalpindi.
Upon satisfactory completion of the training, certificates are awarded to the interns, residents and fellows by AFIC/NIHD.